Monday, August 8, 2011

Week #1 complete

Celebrating completing the first week of "Eating What We Grow"
Well we not only made it through the first week of "Eating What We Grow", but we loved it.  I feel great and have solid energy.  Maybe I am bias, but eating from our gardens the food seems to have such vital force.  I am eating less heavy foods than I was used to, so I feel light and very alert and alive.

I am surprised by the diversity of our home grown diet.  I thought I would have a monotonous diet, bland and with very little variation.  The opposite has been the case.  For example, Jennifer harvested wild guava fruit from trees along our driveway.  We juiced the fruit with our champion juicer, mixed it with sugar cane juice and water, and WOW, fantastic!

Guava Juice made from wild guavas and sugar cane juice

For breakfast we had fruit (orange wedges, banana and papaya) over home made yogurt made with raw milk from our neighbors Brown Jersey cow.  Again, fantastic!

Papaya, Orange wedges, Bananas over home made yogurt

Lunch was fried eggs, avocado and home made salsa using our tomatoes and cilantro.


Fried Eggs, Avocado and home made salsa



French Beans, Stir Fried Chard and Beet Tops, and Beets
Dinner was french beans, red beats, and stir fry using the beet tops and swiss chard.


No comments:

Post a Comment